Wednesday, June 15, 2016

It's been awhile...

...but I've been busy!  I love to explore new things and I got on a bow tie kick. I did a ton of research on how to make them:  what material to use and what kind of interlining to give them a good full look without being too thick and cumbersome around the neck.  Finding the hooks/closures for them took a bit of time and coming up with a good, flexible design that could accommodate multiple neck sizes also took a little doing, but I finally came up with a good do-able design.


Then, I decided to add a matching pocket square.  Again, it took me a little time to get the corners completely square, but eventually that worked out too:



All in all, I'm happy with the look, and now I'm on the hunt for good bowtie fabric wherever I go.  I've found some and added a few sets to the shop.



My next tutorial will be for those pocket squares - there is an easy way to get those corners andnice tightly matched up.